Please join me at my new blog, The Sassy Sidekick.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Not Goodbye

*cheery wave*
This is not a depressing post. I'm not going to say that I've decided to move on with my life and leave the blog behind but I'll always have fond memories blah blah blah. That's pretty much the truth, but the phrasing is way too touchy-feely for my own comfort.

First: I am moving - but not far. I'm going to be just a hop and a skip away at The Movie House At Boo Corner.

Second: I am going to look back on A Noodle In A Haystack with fondness, but do I really have to say it in such a cheesy way? I mean, it isn't like I'm never going to blog again.

So why the move?

I started this blog in July of 2009, which means that, strictly speaking, I'm coming up on my three-year anniversary, and 2012 is the fourth year that I've been blogging. Pretty cool, huh? But the thing is, as of July 2012, I'm a pretty different girl from who I was in 2009, for better or worse, and I'm ready for something new. I know it's The Movie House At Boo Corner, but it's kind of an experiment for me, so it's going to be more than just movies (but mainly movies). And is it too much to say how excited I am and how much I love my new digs?

You may also notice that I've changed my username from Amanda Cooper to becca_boo. The name change is something I've been wanting to do for a long time now: like I said, I've changed a lot in the past few years, and using a movie character's name gave me a little sense of security in the beginning that I don't need now. Plus, I just wasn't creative enough at the time to think of using my real-life nickname as my online nickname. How sad is that, right?

Even though I've known some of you guys since I was a new blogger, I feel it's time to reintroduce myself to everyone: Hi, I'm becca_boo, and I'm a (movie) nut.

I am going to allow myself a little cheesy indulgence before I sign off: You guys have been a great audience, and I love each and every one of you. It's been my pleasure to write for such a wonderful (and gracious) bunch of readers, and I hope to see you again at Boo Corner.

Catch you later!

- becca_boo

10 comments:

  1. ...well, it's gonna be hard to keep from calling ya AC, but...becca-boo works, too! My daughter's name is Rebekah, so, I'm used to 'beka'...or becca!

    Looking forward to your new blog! Be sure to 're-direct' from here to there...

    KIG!!!

    VKMfanHuey
    ---

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about it too much - I've always answered to anything. : )

      I'm leaving this blog up, even though I'm not writing here anymore. But there is a handy link up at the top of every page now, so the new blog is easy to access from here.

      I'd love to see you over at Boo Corner!

      Delete
  2. You will be missed -- good luck in your new neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fresh start is great. I've been blogging for nearly three years and every step led me to The Shop Around the Corner, my favorite of all my blogs (two previous). We do grow a lot while watching ourselves on a screen. :) Looking forward to visiting your new page.
    Much love,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marcia! It's nice to hear that I'm not the only blogger who has decided to start over from scratch.

      Delete
  4. What was the inspiration behind the blog name, "A Noodle in a Haystack?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Tom!

      I wish I could say it was supposed to be some profound comment on the condition of cinema (ha), but honestly I just couldn't think of a blog name, so I picked a random line from 1933's Flying Down to Rio.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for your update, we will follow you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. waao i did not know about ur blog and is soo cute!!! would you like to follow eachother? i'm already following you :)

    www.meryswardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comment would make my day!