Please join me at my new blog, The Sassy Sidekick.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Open the Windows and Turn on the Fan

Whoa! Two posts in 24 hours! Is the world ending? Well, since this isn't a long post, I think it's safe for you to come out from under the bed. The cockroaches will have to put up with us a little bit longer, I guess.


Anyway, I just wanted to make sure you guys noticed that I've (finally) changed the blog playlist, so if you still want to listen to Christmas carols... you'll have to go somewhere else. It's summertime, people!



As you know, I love jazz and show-tunes and listen to them all year 'round, but to me, nothing says summer like country music and acoustic guitars. So here are some of my old favorites, along with a couple others that maybe aren't so country but still feel like summer songs to me. If you're still enjoying spring wherever you are, I envy you, but summer is in full swing here in the Lone Star State. That means hot sunshine, even more Dr. Pepper than in winter, busy days (lazy days of summer? what are those?), and more Lyle Lovett.

Enjoy the music, enjoy your summer, and be sure to keep cool!


Just one note about the playlist: that's Waylon Jennings singing with Willie Nelson in "Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys."

Image Sources: Image I, Image II

1 comment:

Your comment would make my day!